Friday, December 23, 2005
A blog designed to track the progress I make in paying off debts and saving for my future, as well as a few goodies I find along the way.
"Spending money is a control thing, like dieting. You can either decide you want everything, eat it all and end up fat. (Sometimes eating, like spending money, is a way of telling the world I will have everything I want!) Or you can realize that you can’t realistically have everything and decide to enjoy the things you love the most—only less often and in smaller amounts. Money and food are control issues and everyone handles them differently despite the consequences. It's that simple."
~Making Bread Magazine
- Bank in the Bucks!
- Inbox Dollars
- Email Pays U
- Gain Mail
- Nickels By Email
- MissingMoney.com: Free Search to see if you are owed $$$
- OldCellPhone.com: Get Cash for your old phones
- Open an ING Direct Savings Account & get a $25 bonus! Email me for an invite.
- checking in
- what a week
- also, with the holidays coming up...
- time to reassess and plan for the next goal
- I guess the powers that be don't like too much hap...
- It may be a stroke of luck, but I am going to meet...
- ChexSystems took it off!
- no wonder good credit is such a desired thing...
- moving, mail tampering and aggravation
- I didn't fall off the face of the earth...
* Put at least $350 in savings each month.
* Eliminate the car loan for the Grand Am (starting: $5300)
* Reduce the Mustang loan by at least 8k.(Starting $19k)
* Seriously look into refinancing both vehicles. My credit has gotten better and I am definitely due a better rate than I currently have (about 12% on both).
* Right now I am contributing 10% to my 401k. I am going to leave that alone until I pay off the Grand Am, and then re-evaluate, maybe bump up just a bit more. Maybe open a Roth IRA as well.
*Increase my net worth by as much as possible.